7 Lightweight CMS That We Can Choose
In many cases, we don’t need a fully-featured CMS for our personal website, blog or even small business website. There are simple and lightweight CMS platforms that we can use. One thing that they have in common is ease of use. Here are some CMS platforms that we can use for less demanding requirements:
- CushyCMS: It is a good option for people who want to have a simple but well-developed website. It comes with a built-in word processor as well as common editing icons inside the window.
- SimpleCMS: SimpleCMS allows us to easily edit our website and we can do this in just minutes. There are simple configurations that we can choose such as defining editable areas and entering the required FTP information. Adding new pages should be very easy to do. Drafts can be saved until we are really ready to publish them. When everything is done, we could click on the Publish button, so we will be able to update the website.
- Surreal CMS: Surreal CMS offers great editing options for our website. After logging into SurrealCMS, we will be able to update various areas of our website. Editable regions are indicated with specific icon located at the top left. Click the icon and the editing window for those areas will be opened. We should be able to save the draft of our changes and publish them later. We could also schedule the publishing date, so our website can be automatically updated based on the content that we have prepared.
- PageLime: Pagelime is an easy to use CMS for content editing on our website. We could access the website after entering the required FTP information. PageLime also allows us to edit the content area and we can do that by clicking on the appropriate icons. We have the option to save the draft and publish it later.
- Zimplit: Zimplit CMS allows us to build a website from scratch and we could do this by uploading relatively few files to our server. After logging into the system, we should be off and running. On the left side of the administration interface, we can find an easy to use menu that allows us to edit menus, change settings and add pages. We can edit the area by clicking within any area of the page. Adding multimedia content to the page should also be very easy to do.
- Perch: Perch is a useful CMS that allows us to create many websites. It should be able to manage our content easily across multiple pages. From within the admin area, it is possible for us to drill down to specific desired pages or to places where we can add pages. A Perch CMS webpage can be consisted of different map, sidebar, content and others. If possible, we should be able to edit different regions.
- GetSimple: GetSimple CMS allows us to manage different pages of the website. It comes with highly intuitive web editing interface. We also have the option to create themes, manage existing pages, adding new pages and editing content. Users won’t be burdened by extraneous features and complex database.