Health Benefits of Turmeric for all Ages
Turmeric is a widely known spice that grows in the wild forests of the south and south East Asia. It is a key ingredient in many Indian, Thai, Pakistani and Persian cuisine. Turmeric has always been known to be of great medicinal value. Modern science and research have shown that Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin, which has many healing benefits to the human body. Using Turmeric has health benefits to people of all ages. Some of the benefits of having Turmeric and Turmeric supplement with piperine around the house include:
- Turmeric powder is made from dried and ground up turmeric roots. This powder can be used as a natural antiseptic and anti-bacterial agent. You can apply it on cuts and burns to disinfect the wound.
- Curcumin has anti-cancer properties. It can help to prevent the development of cancerous tumors. If you already have cancer, turmeric can help to prevent the spread of most types of cancer to various parts of the body. In fact, turmeric has been known to reduce the risk of childhood leukemia.
- Curcumin stops the development of new blood vessels in the tumor, which causes the tumor to stop growing and the cells to die. It also boosts the effect of paclitaxel, a chemotherapy drug. It helps reduce its side effects.
- Curcumin has strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. This natural detoxifier is great for many body organs including the heart, liver and kidneys. In the heart, it eliminates lipids and plaque from the arteries and veins reducing the risk of high blood pressure.
- Curcumin supplements can be used as anti-inflammatory drugs especially for people suffering from conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis. It is just as strong as the anti-inflammatory medication but without most of the side-effects.
- Turmeric supplement can prevent and slow down the progression of Alzheimer’s disease. It removes amyloid plaque buildup in the brain, which often cause the mental deterioration that leads to the Alzheimer’s disease.
- If you have been working on reducing your weight, you could benefit from a little turmeric supplementation. Turmeric can aid in fat metabolism and a worthwhile try while undergoing a weight management program or diet.
- Turmeric is also good for your skin. It helps in healing wounds and recovering of damaged skin. The anti-inflammatory properties also aid with inflammatory skin conditions such as psoriasis.