Effective Exercises To Stiffen Your Sagging Skin
Do you have plenty of loose skin around your body that you just want to get some scissors and cut through it? Then you’re probably suffering from saggy skin that was caused by sudden weight loss, pregnancy or sad to say, aging.
Experts claimed that having a saggy skin can be reversed through some efforts of doing exercises daily. By intensifying this exercises, you can gain your skin’s elasticity back as you build your muscles around it. Below are just some of the effective exercises that are highly recommended by scientists and fitness gurus all over the world.
1. The Classical Push And Pull Dead lift.
To start losing your saggy skin, you should start toning your arms, legs, and stomach first. And nothing works better on how to tighten loose skin than this tried and proven exercise. With this, you are required to use some heavy plates to be lifted on both sides of the barbell. Here are the steps:
- Stand to the bar with your feet hips-width apart.
- Bend your knees and lower your shoulders to get a grasp of the bar.
- Lift your chest to carry the bar.
- Be careful not to squeeze in your shoulder blades nor dropping your hips.
- Hold on to this position for at least 5 to 10 seconds then return the bar back to the ground.
Lunges focus in toning your muscles in the thighs, gluts, and hamstrings. Therefore, it can reduce that loose skin hanging around your lower body parts. Keep in mind that your back spine must be straight at all times while performing this exercise.
- Stand straight and step your left foot forward.
- Lower your body until your right knee is bent at a right angle without touching the floor.
- Hold on to this position for at least 5 seconds before switching to your right foot.
3. Alternating Squat Kicks.
Just like the regular squats, challenge yourself with another variety of squats by doing this exercise:
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Do a squatting action as your thighs are parallel with the floor.
- Before returning to standing position with your left leg, kick your right leg higher in the air.
- Squat again and this time, as you return to a standing position using your right leg, kick in the air using your left leg.
4. The Giraffe’s Kiss
Facial exercises are great on how to tighten loose skin on your face, neck and even helps in removing that double chin you see in the mirror.
- Sit straight in a chair while looking straight forward.
- Slowly tilt your head back as far as you could while placing your fingertips at the bottom of your neck.
- Using your fingers, perform some downward stroke to your neck starting to your chin on the way down.
- As your head is tilted, pout your lips as if you are kissing a giraffe in the process.
- Hold this position for at least 10 seconds before returning your head to its original position.
5. The Smile Smoother.
Another simple yet very effective facial exercise to tighten those saggy skin is the smile smoother. You can perform this exercise no matter what you are doing since it mainly focuses on the facial muscles itself.
- Open your mouth to a shape of a letter “O” while hiding your teeth under your lips.
- Smile as wide as you can while maintaining to hide your teeth under your lips.
- Repeat the steps for at least 6 times.
6. Open And Frown
Whoever said that frowning wouldn’t do you any good must not know this facial exercise in toning that loose skin in your face. Enjoy this exercise by:
- Frown as hard as you can for 3 seconds.
- Then open your eyes as widely as you can for 3 seconds.
- Do this alternately for at least 5 to 10 times.
7. The Tongue-Nose Lift.
Get your tongue working and help you on how to tighten loose skin and avoid visible wrinkles to your face.
- Try to touch the tip of your nose using your tongue.
- Hold on to this position within 5 to 10 seconds.
As a beginner to these tightening exercises, always start with the basic and easy challenges. As you get the hang of it, then that will be the only time you can prolong the duration of the holding time for each exercise. Be reminded that even though these exercises are the most effective ones, still, it won’t give you best results overnight. Just do these on a regular basis and see your saggy skin disappear in no time!