Sales Management Software
Sales management software refers to software platforms that empower sales teams by allowing them to acquire insight into the health of the sales operation. It allows managers to look at a snapshot at any point in time that shows vital information such as target completion rates for different sales representatives, the current state of the lead pipeline and the status of the various potential deals in place. Some sales management platforms have the ability to also track other related things that do not directly participate in the actual sales process, but help improve it, such as the average on-hold time for sales calls, call volumes for every sales representative and for a specific team. Decision makers utilize such information to optimize their sales process to increase the chances of closing a deal.
The best sales management software integrates with other related software platforms, such as email services, marketing management platforms and customer service solutions, all of which provide additional information and boost reporting capabilities.
The Need for Sales Management Software
Making businesses convinced to invest in a new software platform is not an easy task. However, in case of sales management solutions, it is a far easier sell than most other task-centric platforms. There are three key arguments that make a strong case for the investment in a sales management solution:
- It can easily automate a wide variety of manual time-consuming tasks, which will allow for more time to concentrate on the more important jobs at hand.
- It gives sales professionals the ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the sales process and thus allows them to adjust accordingly.
- Sales forecasting can become much more accurate by providing sales staff and managers with improved and detailed visibility into all sales activities and tasks.
- Optimizing pricing strategies becomes significantly easier when all available historical information is gathered from various sources and put into one place to create a holistic view of all sales activities.
How To Select A Sales Management Solution
Sales management platforms have evolved significantly over the years to become more than just enhanced spreadsheets. Today they boast the following key features:
- Sales analytics and reporting
- Sales forecasting
- Lead and contact management
- Email integration
- Predictive analytics
- Pricing optimization
- 3rd party software integration
These features and many others come in handy in various scenarios. However, when choosing the right match for a business, each required feature must be classified as a must-have, optional, or nice-to-have feature for the business. Investing in a major platform simply because it ticks every conceivable feature box could end up being an expensive blunder.
Additionally, the following requires some help when selecting a sales management platform:
- Reviews: It is important to consider how other users experienced the platforms in consideration. Knowing how similar businesses have experienced a certain platform will aid in forming a clearer picture about the platform and help with the decision-making process.
- Rankings: This falls into the area of how multiple platform features stack up against each other in various fields, such as user friendliness, usability, scalability, security, flexibility, support and so on.
- Integration Complexity: The best business software platforms will boast the ability to integrate with third party platforms that provide complementing features or enhance platform’s own features. It is therefore crucial to investigating whether a certain sales management platform plugs into other existing solutions that may already be deployed.
- Mobility: Modern sales practices are very mobile by their nature. A sales management platform that can support a mobile sales workforce operating across multiple types of devices and form factors is a huge plus for businesses.
Reviewing The Best Software For Sales Management
bpm’online sales is considered one of the best sales management software solutions available today. It provides tools that manage the entire sales journey from lead to order, in addition to after sale management. Superior technology allows the platform to seamlessly integrate sales, marketing, and customer service operations, all of which enable businesses to holistically manage each step of customer interactions. bpm’online sales provides template processes derived from industry best practices for effective management of leads, opportunities, quotes,orders and invoices. These template processes make the process of user adoption and best practice incorporation significantly easier.
Pipedrive is a sales management platform suitable for entrepreneurs and small teams aiming to scale rapidly. It provides visual representation for the sales pipeline and ensures that important customer interactions remain logged. The platform has robust forecasting capabilities and it is compatible with other well known platforms, such as Google Apps and MailChimp.
Axiom Sales Manager is a versatile sales management and customer management platform, which provides sales professionals with important information and sales analytics in real time. It aids in sales compliance through simplified workflows and ensures an increase in sales productivity.
amoCRM allows businesses to automate their entire set of sales processes, which allows for converting leads into customers and deals. It features strong website integration tools that helps in increased online lead generation. It also has strong customer engagement capabilities at each stage, utilizing phone, email, social media and online chat. It offers support to sales professionals through automation of repeated tasks and minimizing manual efforts.
QuickBase is suitable for businesses that require a highly customizable sales management platform and doesn’t require any coding skills. It features in-built reporting capabilities, in addition to workflow automation tools and notification capabilities that ensure sales professionals always keep track of every step of the sales process.