Some Irresistible Mutton Dishes
‘Mutton’- the single word is enough to take us back to the golden memories of our childhood. Every weekend was just incomplete without a special menu of mutton. Time has been changed a lot, but our love for mutton is intact till now. So, today also we can’t resist ourselves from tasting various mutton dishes.
There are various mutton recipes in all over the world that differ in the tastes as well as in the cooking techniques. Every recipe is associated with its own flavour and taste that makes all of them be unique recipes. Here is a list of some delicious mutton dishes from India that are the must-try dishes for all the mutton-lovers.
- Khatta Meat: The particular recipe is originated from Kashmir. It is somewhat different from the average mutton curries. It can be understood from the name that Khatta meat is associated with a distinct sour taste. The particular dish is considered as a staple for Dogris as well people of Jammu. It is a spicy dish and its sour taste makes it a perfectly extraordinary dish.
- Mutton Paya: The particular recipe is associated with a number of Indian spices in order to enhance the flavour of the meal. It is a completely mouth-watering dish that can be eaten as a main dish along with biryani or coconut rice or as a side dish.
- Mutton Pepper Fry: This is basically a dhaba style dish that you can get on the highways. This recipe is basically inspired from the Andhra style of cooking.
- Chettinad Mutton Kulambu: For meat lovers, the Chettinad cuisine is a real delight. The particular recipe is associated with a delicious taste. In Tamil, Kulambu refers to a kind of gravy. In this recipe, the pieces of mutton are cooked in thick masala based gravy. In order to perfectly cook this recipe, the quantity of the masala should be perfect.
- Mutton Dak Bungalow: Bengal’s Dak Bungalow is an almost forgotten culinary gem. Now, it only survives among Anglo Indian households and only a few remaining khansama (cook) families.
- Kerala Style Mutton Korma: Basically, mutton korma is spicy and rich food that is prepared in some special occasions. This spicy side dish can bring a delicious change in your meal.
- Peshawari Raan: This particular Indian mutton recipe is very famous in the northern states of Kashmir and Punjab. It is associated with the cooking of the leg of lamb (usually a huge one) in a significant portion of ghee or butter. This dish is extremely delicious.
- Galouti Kebab: Galouti kebabs are considered as the highlight of Awadhi cuisine. These kebabs are associated with a melt-in-the-mouth taste that comes from the finely minced mutton. The extraordinary pair of Galouti kebabs is ulte tawe ka paratha.
- Dhabe Da Keema: It is a dhaba style In this recipe, Mince mutton is cooked with onions, tomatoes, and lots of masalas. It goes best with pav for adding a rustic touch.
These irresistible mutton dishes are simply awesome. Simple as well as traditional- each and every mutton dishes are very close to our heart.