The Best Vegetarian Food Available In India
India is a vast country with millions of people. Almost one-sixth of the world’s population resides in India. India has a lot of diversity. This diversity encompasses all aspects of India. Basically, India is a land which is rich in diversity. This diversity is what makes India united. Thus it is said that India has unity in diversity. In case of feeding habits, the entire Indian population is divided into two major groups the vegetarians and non-vegetarians. The non-vegetarians make up the majority of Indian population and in today’s day and age, the numbers of non-vegetarians are slowly increasing. But this does not mean that there are few vegetarians left. Vegetarians still comprise of a large chunk of the Indian population. Due to the fact that there are so many vegetarians in India the culinary scene in India has developed quite a few incredibly delicious veg dishes just catering to the demand from the vegetarian community. These dishes are so delicious that even nonvegetarians sometimes prefer to eat these over some non-veg dish. These dishes are simply amazing and these dishes would absolutely titillate your taste buds and you would be left wanting more.
We are going to talk about the above-mentioned dishes today. Some of these dishes are incredibly complicated to make and can take up to one entire evening to make perfectly and thus are not something that people can cook at their home and then again some are relatively simple to make and can be made at home. If you wish to know the recipe of any of the dishes then all you have to do is just go online and look up the dish and you would find out plenty of results which have the accurate recipe. It is a good idea to maybe watch a video if possible of how to make the dish because then you would get a pretty good idea of what to do. Following are some of the greatest vegetarian dishes that can be found in India:
- Paneer tikka: This is one of the relatively simple dishes that you can make at your own home. This is an absolutely delicious dish that makes almost everyone’s mouth water. You would not be able to find one Indian who would say that they do not like paneer tikka unless of course, they are lactose intolerant.
- Vada pav: This is also a simple dish to cook but this is absolutely one of the most delicious street foods that you would find in India.
- Dhosa: Dhosa is something that originated from the outhern region of India and is everyone’s favourite and is absolutely easy to make.
- Malai kofta: This is an absolute delicacy.
- Palak Paneer: This is something that you have to taste first hand to understand how tasty it is. It is a must try if you are visiting India.
These are just a few of the veg dishes among many. There are lots of great dishes which are not mentioned here.